LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artifical limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.1
- Maximum Active Connections: 4,000,000
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Everyone looking for great performance with no fan noise
- Situations where a rack mount system is not an option
- SMB with Medium Sized Networks
- Small to Medium Sized Branch Office with medium to heavy loads
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) / Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) On Premises Appliance
- Anyone with High-Speed Gigabit Connections
- Many VPN Connections
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
Your purchase includes all of these super neat things, which will help you get started with pfSense:
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals.
- Not PoE Compatible.
- Note: This system uses the case as a heatsink. Please be aware it may feel warm.
Warranty & Support Information
- Access to the online version of the continuously updated official pfSense book (700+ pages)
- ACB: Auto-Configuration Backup Service
- Monthly live education hangouts featuring in depth pfSense topics hosted by our core developers
- Access to the archive of education hangouts on YouTube
1 Free packages.2 Future pfSense distributions will have support for QuickAssist. AES-NI support is included.
- Community based software support is available here.
- One year manufacturers hardware warranty.
- All specifications subject to change without notice.
CPU Intel "Denverton" Atom C3558 2.2 GHz with Intel QuickAssist & AES-NI CPU Cores 4 Cores Networking 4x GbE RJ45 Intel® SoC Integrated MAC 2 x GbE RJ45 Intel® i210 Storage 8GB eMMC Flash on board Memory 4GB DDR4 2400 MHz ECC DIMM (max 16 GB, 1x 260-pin SODIMM) Expansion 1x Mini-PCIe (PCIe), 1x M.2 2242 B/B+M (USB 3.0/SATA), 1x Nano SIM USB Ports 2x USB 3.0 LED Power/Status/Storage Activity Form Factor Desktop Cooling Fanless, Passive CPU Heatsink Power Input: DC jack with threaded barrel connector External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 60W AC Inlet: IEC320-C14 (3 PIN) Environmental 32°F (0°C) to 122°F (50°C) Operating Humidity 5~90% Operating Power Consumption TBD Certifications RoHS, CE/FCC Class B EN 55032: 2015 Class B AS/NZS CISPR 32: 2015 Class B CISPR 32: 2015 Class B EN 61000-3-2: 2014 Class A EN 61000-3-3: 2013 EN 55024: 2010 +A1: 2015