LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artifical limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- No moving parts to wear out. This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to multi-function security gateway, get the security you need to protect your home or business
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Maximum Active Connections: 1 million
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect securely, or connect to the Cloud
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud
- Small Office Home Office (SOHO), home labs, remote workers, and branch offices.
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) and Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) services extension
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- Learn more about the features of pfsense
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals can be found here.
- Not PoE Compatible.
- Switched LAN ports do not support STP
Your purchase includes all of these super neat things, which will help you get started with pfSense:
- Access to the online version of the continuously updated official pfSense book (700+ pages)
- ACB: Auto-Configuration Backup Service
- Monthly live education hangouts featuring in depth pfSense topics hosted by our core developers
- Access to the archive of education hangouts
- Access to the Netgate Community Forum
|CPU||Marvell Armada 3720 (88F3720) ARMv8-A 64-bit Cortex A53 @ 1.2GHz with NEON SIMD and FPU|
|CPU Cores||Dual Core|
|Networking||One 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port (RJ45 / SFP Combo)
Four 1 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports (Marvel 88E6141 switch, uplink at 2.5 Gbps)
LAN ports can be repurposed for additional WAN ports
|Storage||8GB eMMC Flash on board, factory-upgradable to 32 GB M.2 SATA 2242 Solid State Drive (not NVMe compatible)|
|Memory||4 GB DDR4 (not expandable)|
|Expansion||1x M.2 ‘B’ key sockets (SSD, LTE)
1x miniPCIe (WiFi)
|Console Port||MiniUSB (console cable included)|
|USB Ports||1x 2.0 port|
|LED||3 full color RGB LEDs|
|Enclosure||Desktop 1.7″ (42.2 mm) tall x 4.25″ (108 mm) deep x 6.8″ (172.7 mm) wide
with integrated keyholes for easy wall mounting
|Power||External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 12V 2.0A, threaded barrel connector
AC Inlet: IEC320-C7 (2 PIN)
One US, UK, EU or ANZ power cord included
US Power Cord: NEMA 1-15P to IEC320-C7
UK Power Cord: BS 1363 to IEC320-C7
EU Power Cord: CEE7/16 to IEC320-C7
ANZ Power Cord: AS 3112 (ungrounded) to IEC320-C7
|Environmental||32°F (0°C) to 122°F (50°C)|
|Certifications||CE, FCC (Class B), RoHS, UL, RCM, VCCI|