You asked, we delivered. The new Netgate® SG-1000 microFirewall is a cost-effective, state-of-the-art, ARM®-based, pfSense® Security Gateway appliance. The SG-1000 comes with dual 1Gbps Ethernet ports, enabling maximum throughput exceeding 100Mbps. The ARM Cortex®-A8 in the TI AM3552 SoC and DDR3L RAM combine to facilitate low-power consumption while maintaining performance. The SG-1000 comes in a lightweight and durable anodized aluminum case. It’s credit-card sized form-factor allows it to be easily tucked away, but you’ll be proud to show it off.
The Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall is an inexpensive platform, purpose-built to run pfSense software and can be deployed in many environments: Multi-dwelling units (MDU) such as apartments and dorm rooms, commercial-control applications (SCADA), as well as more traditional small office, home office deployments, or anywhere that security is needed. The SG-1000 is also the ideal security gateway for the Internet of Things (IoT). IoT applications include many remote monitoring applications for smart home/smart cities, commercial automation, energy management, agricultural, and health care. All of these can be deployed with best-in-class network security, safeguarding network connected devices. The Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall is a cost-effective solution to protect devices on your network at the point of connection.
The Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall is better than a build-it-yourself firewall solution. We’ve bundled a year of pfSense Gold; our services bundle that adds auto-config backup, monthly hangouts, and more. Attempting to DIY on something as important as protecting your network can be a risky, time consuming, and expensive process. Get the power and flexibility of pfSense software, the world’s most popular open-source firewall, as a pre-integrated appliance that is robust and ready to go out of the box, all at a low price.Key Features
LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artifical limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Standard configuration with 16GB of RAM and 150GB Intel DC S3520 Series 2.5″ SSD.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.1
- Maximum Active Connections: 16,000,000 (32,000,000 with 32 GB RAM)
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Medium to Large Sized Networks with 1U rack mount cabinets
- Medium to Large Sized Branch Office with heavy loads
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) / Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) On Premise Appliance
- Anyone with High-Speed 10 Gigabit and/or 1 Gigabit Connections
- Anyone with many VPN Connections
- Anyone with high speed connections who wish to configure IDS/IPS features
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- Learn more about the features of pfsense
Warranty & Support Information
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals.
- Access to the online version of The Official pfSense Book. (upon support registration)
- Ships with the latest version of pfSense.
- Not PoE Compatible.
- Ships with US style 3 prong power cord. Easily changed to non-US style by purchasing a IEC320-Cxx (3 PIN) compatible power cord (visual example).
1 Free packages.2 Future pfSense distributions will have support for QuickAssist. AES-NI support is included.
- pfSense Incident Based Support via email, chat or phone. Each purchase includes two complimentary incidents with Netgate.
- One year manufacturers hardware warranty.
- All specifications subject to change without notice.
CPU TI ARM Cortex-A8 AM3352 CPU at 600 MHz, including crypto accelerator Storage Micro-SD Slot Memory 4GB eMMC, 512MB DDR3 Expansion Expansion connector: GPIO, I2C, UART, Analog In USB Ports Two USB 2.0 host (Micro-AB OTG, Header); Two 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports LED Power, Debug Enclosure Anodized aluminum 78 x 51 x 24 mm (3" x 2" x 1") Power 5 VDC coaxial power input connector, or 5VDC power input header Certifications CE, FCC, RoHS Console Port Console UART over Micro-USB B