This bundle has two SG-8860-1U rackmount systems, a special step-by-step Guide for implementing a redundant high availability system using pfSense, and technical support.
The SG-8860 1U 19" rack mount system is a state of the art pfSense® Security Gateway appliance, featuring the 8 Core Intel® Atom™ C2758 2.4 GHz, with AES-NI and Intel QuickAssist acceleration to support a high level of I/O throughput and optimal performance per watt. This pfSense appliance can be configured as a firewall, LAN or WAN router, VPN appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, and IDS/IPS with optional packages to deliver a high performance, high throughput front-line security architecture at a excellent price per gigabit.
Built with performance, versatility, and low total cost of ownership in mind, pfSense systems meet the growing needs of organizations of all sizes.Key Features
LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artifical limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your network.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery andSquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.1
- Maximum Active Connections: 8,000,000
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Medium to Large Sized Networks with 1U rack mount cabinets
- Small to Large Sized Branch Office with heavy loads
- Anyone with High-Speed Gigabit Connections
- Many VPN Connections
- pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- Learn more about the features of pfsense
Warranty & Support Information
- Includes pfSense CARP Setup Guide for Automatic Failover
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals.
- Access to the online version of The Official pfSense Book. (upon support registration)
- Ships with the latest version of pfSense.
- Not PoE Compatible.
- One year manufacturer’s warranty.
- All specifications subject to change without notice.
CPU Intel “Rangeley” Atom C2758 2.4 Ghz with Intel QuickAssist CPU Cores Eight Cores Networking 6x Gigabit Ethernet Ports total: 4x Intel I350 ( SoC Intel I354 Quad GbE on-die MACs ) 2x Intel I211 Storage 64GB eMMC Flash on board Memory 8GB DDR3L USB Ports 2x 2.0 ports LED Power/Status/SATA Activity Enclosure 1.75″ x 19″ x 8.5″ 1U Rack Mount Form Factor 1U Cooling Integrated heat sink with fan, case fan Power Internal AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz AC Inlet: IEC320-C6 (3 PIN) Power Cord: NEMA 5-15P to IEC320-Cxx Environmental 0°C to 60°C Power Consumption 9W (idle) Certifications FCC, CE, RoHS, UL Weight 6.36