DUAL XG-2758 1U
CONFIGURABLE FOR REDUNDANT HIGH AVAILABILITY AUTO-FAILOVER WITH PFSENSE
This bundle has two XG-2758-1U rackmount systems, a special step-by-step Guide for implementing a redundant high availability system using pfSense, and technical support.
The pfSense XG-2758 1U rack system is a state of the art pfSense Security Gateway Appliance, featuring the low-power Silvermont microarchitecture and the Intel® Atom™ ARK (Rangeley) C2000 family SoC. The XG-2758 8-core SoC features a high level of I/O and acceleration integration and optimal performance per watt. The pfSense XG-2758 with pfSense delivers a high performance, high throughput front-line security architecture at an excellent price per gigabit. Each XG-2758 sports 2 10GbE SFP+, three 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet ports, and one switchable port between 1 GbE RJ-45/SFP, 16 GB of ECC memory, and a 150 GB SSD.
Built with performance, versatility, and low total cost of ownership in mind, pfSense systems meet the growing needs of organizations of all sizes.
LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artifical limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your network.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.1
- Maximum Active Connections: 16,000,000
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Customers seeking a solid solution for redundant, auto-failover solutions for routing / firewall / IPS / etc.
- Medium to Large Businesses
- Medium to Large Branch Offices
- Installations that plan to add packages which require logging
- All businesses that have Gigabit connectivity
- All businesses that have fiber connectivity
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, which also serves as a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense firewall features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- Amazon VPC Wizard to easily connect to the Amazon AWS cloud
- Integrates with Snort for IDS/IPS, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering
- Learn more about the features of pfSense
- 8 core Intel Atom C2758 CPU (8×2.4GHz, 2MB cache, 20W, QuickAssist, AES-NI)
- Standard 1U 19″ Rack Mount form factor
- 16 GB ECC Memory
- 150 GB Intel DC S3520 Series SSD included, second SSD optional
- 2x 10Gb Ethernet SFP+ via Intel 82599 Niantic
- 4x 1 Gb Ethernet RJ45 via Intel i354 on-chip; one port configurable as RJ45 or SFP
- 2 USB 2.0 Host ports
- 1 mini-USB Serial Console Port
- Hardware Reset Push Button
- Power/Status/SATA Activity LEDs
- RTC Coin Cell Backup Battery
- Operating Temperature from 0°C to 50°C ambient temperature using included fansink
- Extended temperature version available to 60°C
- FCC, CE Class B, IC Class A, IEC-60950 Compliance
- RoHS/WEEE Compliant
- Includes pfSense CARP Setup Guide for Automatic Failver
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals. (Available soon)
- Access to the online version of The Official pfSense Book. (upon support registration)
- Hardware ships with the latest version of pfSense.
- Does NOT support PoE.
Only use one of the SFP / SFP+ modules on this list, or a compatible module with the same specification. We sell the following modules which we recommend:
SFP 1000Base-SX Transciever Module
SFP+ 10GBase-SR Transciever Module
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/100G SFP+ SR (bailed) FTLX8571D3BCV-IT
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ SR (bailed) AFBR-703SDZ-IN2
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ SR (bailed) AFBR-703SDDZ-IN1
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ LR (bailed) FTLX1471D3BCV-IT
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ LR (bailed) AFCT-701SDZ-IN2
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ LR (bailed) AFCT-701SDDZ-IN1
The following is a list of 3rd party SFP+ modules and direct attach cables that have received some testing. Not all modules are applicable to all devices.
|Finisar||SFP+ SR bailed, 10g single rate||FTLX8571D3BCL|
|Avago||SFP+ SR bailed, 10g single rate||AFBR-700SDZ|
|Finisar||SFP+ LR bailed, 10g single rate||FTLX8571D3BCV-IT|
|Finisar||DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ SR (No Bail)||FTLX8571D3QCV-IT|
|Avago||DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ SR (No Bail)||AFBR-703SDZ-IN1|
|Finisar||DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ LR (No Bail)||FTLX1471D3QCV-IT|
|Avago||DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ LR (No Bail)||AFCT-701SDZ-IN1|