LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Unlimited users, firewall rules, VPN connections, etc.
- Blistering fast Intel® Atom™ C2758 8 core SoC
- Max Active Connections: 8,000,000
- 16 GB ECC Memory, 150 GB Intel DC S3520 Series SSD included
- Two 10 GbE SFP+ and Four 1 GbE RJ-45 on board (one configurable as RJ-45 or SFP)
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your network.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.1
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Medium to Large Businesses
- Medium to Large Branch Offices
- Installations that plan to add packages which require logging
- All businesses that have Gigabit connectivity
- All businesses that have fiber connectivity
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- Learn more about the features of pfsense
Only use one of the SFP / SFP+ modules on this list, or a compatible module with the same specification. We sell the following modules which we recommend:
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/100G SFP+ SR (bailed) FTLX8571D3BCV-IT
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ SR (bailed) AFBR-703SDZ-IN2
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ SR (bailed) AFBR-703SDDZ-IN1
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ LR (bailed) FTLX1471D3BCV-IT
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ LR (bailed) AFCT-701SDZ-IN2
Intel DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ LR (bailed) AFCT-701SDDZ-IN1
The following is a list of 3rd party SFP+ modules and direct attach cables that have received some testing. Not all modules are applicable to all devices.
|Finisar||SFP+ SR bailed, 10g single rate||FTLX8571D3BCL|
|Avago||SFP+ SR bailed, 10g single rate||AFBR-700SDZ|
|Finisar||SFP+ LR bailed, 10g single rate||FTLX8571D3BCV-IT|
|Finisar||DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ SR (No Bail)||FTLX8571D3QCV-IT|
|Avago||DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ SR (No Bail)||AFBR-703SDZ-IN1|
|Finisar||DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ LR (No Bail)||FTLX1471D3QCV-IT|
|Avago||DUAL RATE 1G/10G SFP+ LR (No Bail)||AFCT-701SDZ-IN1|
- pfSense Incident Based Support via email, chat or phone. Includes four complimentary incidents.
- One year manufacturer’s warranty.
- All specifications subject to change without notice.