“In case there’s any confusion, this is one monster of a firewall.” – Tuan Nguyen, Editor-in-Chief, Maximum PCIntel® XEON D-1541 TOP OF THE LINE PROCESSING POWER WITH 10 GbE NETWORKING BUILT-IN
The XG-1541 1U 19″ rack mount system is a state of the artpfSense® Security Gateway appliance, featuring the 8 Core Intel®Xeon® D-1541 processor with AES-NI to support a high level of I/O throughput and optimal performance per watt.; This pfSense appliance can be configured as a firewall, LAN or WAN router, VPN appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, and IDS/IPS with optional packages to deliver a high performance, high throughput front-line security architecture at a excellent price per gigabit.Key Features
LOW TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
- No artifical limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Standard configuration with 16GB of RAM and 150GB Intel DC S3520 Series 2.5" SSD.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
GROWS WITH YOU
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.1
- Maximum Active Connections: 16,000,000 (32,000,000 with 32 GB RAM)
EASY GUI MANAGEMENT
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
SECURE REMOTE ACCESS
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Medium to Large Sized Networks with 1U rack mount cabinets
- Medium to Large Sized Branch Office with heavy loads
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) / Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) On Premise Appliance
- Anyone with High-Speed 10 Gigabit and/or 1 Gigabit Connections
- Anyone with many VPN Connections
- Anyone with high speed connections who wish to configure IDS/IPS features
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
Warranty & Support Information
- Quick Start Guide and other Manuals.
- Access to the online version of The Official pfSense Book. (upon support registration)
- Ships with the latest version of pfSense.
- Not PoE Compatible.
1 Free packages.2 Future pfSense distributions will have support for QuickAssist. AES-NI support is included.
- One year manufacturers hardware warranty.
- All specifications subject to change without notice.
CPU Intel "Xeon-DE" D-1541, 2.1 GHz FCBGA 1667 supported SoC CPU Cores Eight Cores, 45W Networking Dual LAN via Intel® i350-AM2 1 Gigabit Ethernet Dual LAN via SoC 10GBase-T Virtual Machine Device Queues reduce I/O overhead Supports 10GBASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T, RJ45 output 1x Realtek RTL8201N PHY (dedicated IPMI) Storage 150GB Intel DC S3520 Series Memory 16 GB DDR4 UDIMM Expansion 1x PCI-E 3.0 x 16 (in x4) AOC Slot 6x SATA3 ports USB Ports 2x USB 3.0 ports LED Power LED Hard drive activity LED 2x Network activity LEDs System Overheat LED Information LED (temp., status) Enclosure 19" 1U Rack Mount - CSE-505-203B Form Factor 1U 1.7"x17.2"x9.8" Cooling 200W Low-noise PS with PFC: Active CPU fan, 40mm chassis fan Power 1x SATA DOM power connector 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 2.6 Amp MAX AC Inlet: IEC320-C14 (3 PIN) Power Cord: NEMA 5-15P to IEC320-Cxx Environmental 10°C to 35°C Operating Temp 8% to 90% Operating Relative Humidity (non-condensing) Certifications FCC, CE, RoHS, UL Weight 5.44 kg Console Port 1x BMC integrated ASPEED AST2400 1x IPMI Port 1x VGA Port 1x Fast UART 16550 Serial Port (header)